Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Expectations

Lately I have been meaning to write about this and have not had time to put my thoughts down. So now that I have a minute I want to talk about somethings I have been learning over the last few months. Yes, I have been MIA for a while in the blogging world. Work in the fall always seems to get the best of me!

Recently I have really been pondering life. Really been thinking about all the expectations we put on things. So many times my expectations become limitations of what could be. I get so wrapped up in life and in things going one certain way that I forget about all the possibilities that are out there. You could say that in the past I have had a rather "one track mind."

However, this is changing! I no longer think everything is just black or white. There are many possibilities. Related to this topic comes the idea of dreaming big. DREAM BIG. God says ask for anything in my name...So why don't we? Why have I not really asked for big things in the past? Do I feel like I don't deserve them? I am not really sure yet but what I do know is that this has become very clear to me lately.

I want to dream big and ask God for anything and watch how He unfolds the endless possibilities. There are so many different ways something could go. I have realized that it is exciting not scary to not know what is next. I realized that I ask and dream for things that are far to small. My new focus is not limiting myself or the possibility that anything is obtainable. That God will fill my deepest desires and make them even better than I ever expected.

1 comment:

Momma said...

Miss you friend! Hope you continue seeking all that God has for you and do not limit yourself by your expectations! I know that he has placed so many gifts and abilities in your hands and he has used you in so many lives! I know that he does give us the desires of our heart, but often we want some things that are not his desires and that disappoints us! He has so much in store for you. I know that he longs to show you so much more of himself and am totally blessed by the ways you have been telling me he is becoming more real to you!!!! Love you. When can we have a date?