Thursday, July 23, 2009

WEEDS...

So tonight I did some weeding in my yard before the rain came! I did not realize how fast those little buggers grow. I had them everywhere and then I move onto the backyard to cut down two very over sized weeds that have now morphed into small trees. The roots are so big that I think it grows all under my deck. I realized too that some of the weeds are beginning to grow threw my deck. What was I thinking to let it get this wild.

However, it got me thinking about how quickly these bad things spread. Sorta like the bad habits in our life. They start out small tiny weeds and if we take care of them right away they go away but if we ignore them they grow and take over. So many times I think I let things grow and get bigger than they need to be. So often I could nip the bad habits in the bud before they cause lasting damage but usually I am too lazy and ignore them because my pride gets in the way.

I don't want to ignore the little things in my life that make me separated from God or treat people incorrectly. I want to be sure to keep myself in check! It is nice to know that at any point though, no matter how big they might get, God always has the bottle of weed killer to keep me in check!

2 comments:

Momma said...

What agreat way to put it! Love your heart.

Margie said...

WHAT A GREAT POST!!!