Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Social Media and Events

Keeping up with this Social Media is a lot of work.

This is the first time I have blogged in a year. I was just reworking my blog a bit with a new focus. This updated blog is going to be a place where I share the secret life of an events director. I have plenty of funny stories on my journey of planning and I thought this would be a fun place to share my thoughts and hopefully someone else can learn from my mistakes!

Oh yeah, back to social media...It is a lot of work. I am trying to keep updated on the latest and greatest. All our events at Crain's are going to have a # tag for twitter now. Today at the Crain's/Detroit Regional Chamber Catalyst event I had to have tweeted a million times. I didn't know I had that many opinions. If you want to check out the event on twitter it is #catalyst11.

Do you remember when this ## (a hash tag) use to just be a number sign. When did that change? I am seriously dating myself here but I am curious if anyone else is feeling overwhelmed by the social media. Today I posted on my facebook, too, for the first time in like a month. I feel so behind!

Someday I am going to get it together!


2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Welcome back! Missed you!

Momma said...

Nice to have you back. :)