Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Courage and Fear

It was 15 months ago that I met Emma via email. We wrote every couple of days for about six months. I got to know her story and was encouraged by her determination and bravery to endure everyday. Well, I have not heard from her in like 8 months but every month I email her just to say hi and hope that maybe just maybe she will email me back. She never does though and that is okay. I have faith that she get my emails. I have faith that she still knows that I care. But sometimes I fear that my emails are not being read and something bad has happened.

Today I wrote her with my usual happy holidays, happy new year email. And was reminded of her courage and encouragement to me despite never meeting her. I will probably not hear back but I have faith that she reads. Sometimes we want results for our faith and they just don't come the way we expect them too. I want to know I am doing good or that my actions matter but really all I need to know is that they matter to God. They matter to Him. The rest just is.

Emma's story gives me courage and reminds me that no matter what God is faithful. Her life and story will always remind me to be courageous despite the circumstances of life.

I am reminded that whatever happens God knows best!

1 comment:

For blue skies. said...

This post reminds me of something i read in the bible today, "Love never gives up"