Thursday, December 17, 2009

Subconscious Lists

Recently I realized that I make lists for myself. I believe truths that just are not true.

Like this past Sunday I skipped church and watched Christmas movies and wrapped presents all day. I did laundry and read a new book. So in my head I deemed the day as a lazy day and that I was very unproductive. However, that is not the case. I was not lazy at all I just didn't do what I thought to be acceptable for a Sunday. But who ever said it wasn't acceptable? I did in my head. I started to realize that I have lists that are acceptable and not acceptable. Lists of good and bad, lists of right and wrong. These lists are all set by standards that I just can't possibly keep for myself. I am making an effort to just say out loud to myself when I fall into this rat race that it is not true. That I make life to hard on myself. How freeing is that? Life is so much more enjoyable when you don't put these unobtainable boundaries on yourself.

No comments: